I mentioned before how I wasn’t really a resolutions kind of person. If I’m going to make a change, I’m going to make it. Even if my major change just so happens to coincide with that time of year. However, I do feel like making “bucket lists” are a great way to remind yourself to get out there and enjoy life. I know I’ve been trying to do as many new and fun things as possible over the past year and a half or so, and I want to do even more this year. I never want to find myself stuck in a rut of mundane life like I had been in for so long in the past. If an opportunity presents itself, I want to do it! A new job, a new state, a new adventure, a new hobby, I’m pretty much open to just about anything. Except bungee jumping. I won’t be doing that. No thank you.
So what’s on my list this year? Some of them are pretty basic, but still things I’ve been wanting to do/learn. Most of them are pretty exciting and adventurous though! Of course, there are plenty of other things I hope to do this year, but here’s a good start.
My top 19 bucket list items for 2019:
- How to change a tire
- How to change the oil in a car (but not my car cause apparently mine is best left up to the mechanics)
- How to knit
- How to ski and/or snowboard
- Read 10 books (Keeping it realistic here)
- Travel to 5 new states (these 5 are my top picks)
- New York
- Travel to 1 new country
- Hike 10 new trails
- Visit 1 new beach
- Try 5 new breweries (assuming I can safely add alcohol back into my diet!)
- Go skydiving (this is somehow less scary than bungee jumping in my opinion, although had you asked me to do this 2 years ago I would have laughed in your face)
- Visit Disney in a new location (I’ve been to Florida and Hong Kong)
- Take the train (anywhere!)
- Go to an NFL game
- Go on a cruise (past me would have also thought this was a crazy idea!)
- Take a self defense class
- Learn how shoot a gun
- Ride a horse
- Start writing a book
I’ve recently become addicted to Pinterest (I take a long time to get with the times clearly so don’t judge) and I’ve pinned a ton of little things I’d like to do as well. If you’re not into making resolutions, and even if you are, I encourage you to make your own 19 in 2019 list. Make sure you put it somewhere you’ll look at often though so you’re constantly reminded of the crazy awesome person you’d like to be this year!